Friday, May 27, 2005

More Friends Write

I knew Jim as a man with heart and integrity and a magnificient capacity to enjoy all sorts of people. He spent the past Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas brunch and the annual Easter Egg hunt at my home. He embraced me and my daughter, Canyon, like family. My favorite memory is of Jim and Gary Pike following Canyon around the yard on a muddy morning as she 'found' the Easter goodies they had just hid for her. After reading so many professional praises, I realize now what a complex person he was. To operate on such a high intellectual level, yet have the skill to communicate with a two year old - amazing.
Suzette Jones

I was very saddened to hear about Jim's passing. He was my first boss when I started my legal career as an intern from Stetson in the Bradenton office. As busy as he was with high profile cases and managing the office, he gave freely of his time to help me with my intern cases and took a real interest in my development as an attorney. He would critique me in a way that would show me where I went wrong and encourage me at the same time. Whatever abilities I may have as a lawyer, I credit in great part to Jim. I will always be grateful to Jim for getting my legal career off to a good start. I know he will be missed.
Regards, Vic Moore, Venice, Florida.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember Jim and his beloved Maxine, She was so beautiful all in black, running as fast as she could chasing the birds. Once, she and I swam around the San Sou Bon followed by a dolpnin. Why Know one picked up my camera I will never know.

David p fitzgerald

Unknown said...

Eric, it's funny, we both refrered to Jim as the wind beneath "My Wings."

Thanks for taking care of My Jim in my absence.

David p Fitzgerald

Unknown said...

Eric, it's funny, we both refered to Jim as the wind beneath "My Wings."

Thanks for taking care of My Jim in my absence.

David p Fitzgerald

Unknown said...

Jim Slater was wonderful.

D.P.F.

Unknown said...

The wind beneath my wings

Unknown said...

Jim Slater was wonderful.

D.P.F.